Thursday, April 29, 2010

Slow and steady

It's been a pretty hectic work week - I should be, and truly am, thankful for having work, but with my two jobs I've had to squeeze in workout in a very unconventional way - implementing them at work. Good thing I'm on walking/light jogging this week. 5 miles Tuesday, 3 miles Wednesday, rest today due to the fact that I worked 19.5 hours straight until 0130, slept until 0430, then worked from 0600 to 1430. And work tomorrow? 0400.

I'm also trying to pick up shifts this weekend because I need to purchase a road bike to train on! So I have to keep myself busy busy for at least enough time to pay for the bike and accessories.

Now, I do have a little question: some books/sites state that a proper training regimen should be done with a specific mileage in mind, others state that it's the hours put in, not miles achieved. I'd always been a proponent for the former but I'm starting to be convinced that the latter is the more correct in terms of triathlon training...look at me, proselytizing about training regimens like I know what I'm talking about. My expertise is in weight lifting...I'll leave the running/biking/swimming to the experts. With that said, I think next week I'll convert fully to time allotments instead of block mileage.

I'm not even going to bother weighing myself. I know me, and I know when I'm dropping tonnage. Starting next week I'll be keeping as detailed a log on TrainingPeaks.com as I can. Hopefully that'll help me along!

That aside, I really need to get to sleep. I'm hoping for an hour on the exercise bike tomorrow evening. Intervals. Get some legs under me kinda stuff.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment