I'm finding myself in a somewhat familiar position - I set a goal for myself and certain people in my life assume that I will not reach that goal, that I'll give up halfway into it and justify it with some excuse. While this HAS happened before, there are a number of goals that I HAVE reached...it's just been some time since I've done it.
I got mad initially, because who are they to make these assumptions. Well, family, for one. But I guess I'm not going to change their minds unless I follow through on this one, and I have every intention of doing so. Wow I sound like an ass.
I've volunteered to work the Columbia Triathlon in a few weeks (5/23/10). I guess somewhat surprisingly I've yet to hear back as to whether my services are needed or not. I guess it's a wait-and-see prospect.
I'm also going to a Team-in-Training meeting this Monday in Towson. It's an informational meeting, and I'm hoping that they'd be willing to take on a case such as myself. You know, big and slow, yet athletic and nimble. It may just be in my head, but I'm the best athlete I know! :-) Getting my body to do the athletic stuff though, that's the challenge.
And on that note, I'm off to the gym - I have a nice 10 mile interval ride on the bike. Oh, on that front: it has come to my attention that there is a perfectly good (and rather expensive) road bike sitting in the shed that was someone had loaned to my aunt about 3 years ago and was never returned. It's a men's bike (score) and the guy was an avid cyclist (double score) so I'm thinking of taking it to the local bike shop and having it checked out. I have no idea what may be broken on it and I don't want to find out the hard way.
Later gators!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment