Wow, so I just realized that I neglected my blog for a week! I suck! OK, so to update:
I love swimming. There, I said it. I love it and I want to swim every day. When I get in a rhythm it's like a diesel engine pounding away, boom boom boom boom boom. I'm not fast, but how many diesels do you see on the race track? It's a cardio exercise that I can sustain for long periods of time without stopping, which is probably a huge contributory factor to my liking it so much. I finally hit the 2000 yard mark non-stop! Did that yesterday. I went 1900 yards on Wednesday and was on a roll but the swim team needed the pool so I had to stop dead in my tracks, 100 yards short of my goal.
My week consisted of a lot of swimming, biking and a round of golf on Thursday. While we didn't walk the course, chasing after my slices was enough of a workout, as I walked roughly 3 miles and swung the club 110 times (I did manage a few drives over 300yards though, which is normal for me at the driving range but abnormal on the course. Drove the green on a par 4 but 3-putted for a par, because my short game is horrible!)
My brand-spanking new Scattante R-330 arrived on Wednesday, and I was stoked! Took that baby out for a test spin on Saturday around Rocky Point and was happy, truly happy, with the experience. For about 100 yards a little bunny was running along next to me - how cool is that?!? It was a slow, leisurely cruise of 7 miles to break the bike in and learn it a little, and also to remember how to RIDE a bike. I need a mirror for my helmet, because cars have a way of sneaking up on you! I am going to forgo the gym cycle as much as I can because while I love being surround by roided-out teens and sweaty but hot soccer moms, I enjoy nature more. Oh, do road bikes simply not come with a kickstand? How the hell am I supposed to rest it somewhere?
I HATE running. I get bored easily and winded even easier. I need to do it more because I've been a bad boy and replacing a lot of my running with swimming. Hey, at least I didn't replace it with vegging on the couch.
This is supposed to be a light week training-wise but according to the monthly schedule I've missed about 2 1/2 hours of biking and a ton of running, so I'm going to make it up this week. I also have off work Thursday so that'll be spent moving into the basement and more than likely teeing off around 2pm somewhere in Baltimore.
Speaking of the basement, that's where I need to be right now! Have to spray it with pesticide (environment-safe, organic pesticide, of course, with menthol and lavender oils!) and lay some carpet. Fun fun fun!
Be well, all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment